9 Reasons Dosas are a Healthy Option
Healthy food is required for a healthy living. Eating a healthy food provides your body with the vital nutrients that it needs to function on a daily basis. Dosa, a savoury staple food of South India, is considered as a healthy food item. Known as the pancake of India, the flavor of dosa is relished by people all over the country. It is a versatile dish. The tasty pancake can be eaten for breakfast, dinner, or even as a snack item. Here are 9 reasons why dosas are a healthy option.
1. Easy to digest: Dosa is a fermented pancake. It’s generally prepared from a combination of rice batter and black lentils, which makes it easy to assimilate and digest.
2. Good Source of Carbohydrates: Dosa is a rich and healthy source of carbohydrates. It provides your body with the energy needed to carry out various functions. For people on a weight-loss diet, dosa is the best option.
3. High in Proteins: Protein is an essential body nutrient required to make your muscles and bones stronger. Making dosa a part of your regular diet will help you, as it supplies moderate amounts of protein to your body.
4. Low in Calories: An ideal healthy food should be low in calories while satisfying your hunger. Dosa is one such food item which is extremely appetizing and relatively light, adding low calories in your body. It’s a healthy choice to overcome obesity.
5. Low in Fat: Dosa is a healthy food because it contains very less saturated fat, which is a good thing as high saturated fat increases the risk of heart diseases.
6. Rich Source of Minerals: Dosa contains a rich source of several minerals like iron and calcium. Iron helps in producing oxygen carrying proteins, namely haemoglobin and myoglobin; and calcium helps in maintaining healthy bones.
7. Provides vitamins: Vitamins are essential for normal growth, development and functioning of cells. Dosa is a healthy choice which contains vitamin C, an essential nutrient required for the development and maintenance of blood vessels, scar tissues and cartilage.
8. Served Fresh: Dosa is a proper healthy dish which tastes extremely delicious since it is freshly prepared and served hot.
9. Tasty, Nutritious and Healthy: Dosa contains all the essential nutrients needed for proper functioning of the body and makes your meal experience not just enjoyable, but also tasty and healthy.
Start your day with a scrumptious dosa and keep up the pace to finish all your chores.